If you'd like to include me in a public debate or other non-debate-oriented public dialogue about atheism (or other topics), I'm certainly interested, although I do have a few requirements:
- The topic must be agreed upon in advance, and approved by all participants debating (a.k.a., the opponents). At least one interlocutor must have a position or point to defend.
- The organizer must secure a reliable opponent who is genuinely interested in engaging in a generally-courteous manner (e.g., not constantly interrupting, although I'm okay with occasional interruptions as this is the nature of some debates).
- The organizer must secure a reliable location:
- For in-person debates, facilities need to include an adequate audio system, a literature table for signing up new members to the Canadian atheists, free water for everyone, sufficient washrooms, ushering, and parking (being close to public transit is encouraged as this should make the venue accessible to a larger audience).
- For online debates, this means a YouTube channel (or something similar that doesn't require installing additional software), and the presentation of my name spelled correctly ("Randolf Richardson") along with the link https://www.canadianatheists.ca/ (or www.canadianatheists.ca) at or near the beginning and end of the debate, with this same courtesy being extended to all debate/discourse participants.
- The organizer must arrange for advertising/promotion of the event. (I will also attempt to promote the event, so early preparation is appreciated.)
- Advertising/promotion must include my name spelled correctly ("Randolf Richardson") along with the link https://www.canadianatheists.ca/ (or www.canadianatheists.ca), with this same courtesy being extended to all debate/discourse participants.
- I will gladly announce the event in advance via my social networking accounts with the intention of helping to broaden the reach to an overall larger audience.
- Pre-formatted links to my web sites and social media accounts can be copied by following this link.
- The following graphics are available for use in your advertising/promotion:
- Travel and accomodation costs must also be covered by the organizer. In the case of events where any of the participants are being paid, all opponents in the debate/dialogue must be paid the same amount (assuming there isn't a compelling reason to do otherwise, e.g., one opponent attracts a significantly larger audience).
- Full, non-exclusive intellectual property rights to all debate/dialogue content must be granted to all opponents so that we may re-publish any of it, free from any financial obligation to anyone.
- This requirement also applies to anyone recording the event (all persons present at the venue must agree to this requirement in case they record any of it).
For topics that are not related to atheism, secularism, or the Canadian atheists, the link https://www.randolfrichardson.com/ (or www.randolfrichardson.com) may be used in advertising/promotion instead, but please contact me about this beforehand since I may be able to provide specific links that are more directly related to the topic.